Offences of murder and manslaughter vary immensely and can include:
• Complex conspiracies
• Gang related killings
• Domestic violence
• Fights that result in death
• Cases of child cruelty.
These offences may be supported by or reliant on
• Medical evidence,
• Telephone connectivity,
• Forensic evidence involving DNA or fingerprints
• Psychiatric evidence
Could well be and are usually utilised in murder investigations.
Murder is an offence under the common law of England and Wales. It is committed when a person:
• Of sound mind and discretion
• Unlawfully kills
• Any reasonable creature in being
• Under the Queen’s Peace
• With intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.